SquawkBox Release History
July 2, 2006, build 6594, CL 406
- Upgraded to Visual C++ 8, which uncovered a ton of compiler warnings and a few nasty crashes in the
code (e.g. bugs 595, 596).
- Fixed the long-standing problem with hangs and low frame rates (bug 588).
- Fixed the problem with some aircraft not displaying, first introduced in version 3.0.4 (bug 579).
- Patched a vulnerability related to interpreting FS chat messages from any MP player as SB commands.
- Fixed a problem where interim pilot position packets were being ignored (bug 585).
- Changed controls in flight plan dialog to prevent inadvertent clicks on voice/text radio buttons (bug 581).
- Added a .wallop command (bug 592).
- Fixed some issues with compatibility with the new VRC client (bugs 582, 591, 594).
- Limited the size of the callsign field to 10 characters (bug 572).
- Addressed a problem with matching aircraft that didn't have entires in related.txt. Was manifested by
the new PC-12 model in the SBX model set not displaying (bug 590).
- Fixed several minor problems with VIP data files.
- Upgraded to SquawkBox Data 2006062300.
November 28, 2005, build 5850, CL 377
- Send aircraft information to all clients, not just pilots. Allows visual ATC clients like tower to
display SB aircraft correctly.
- Allow use of .msg command without entering an initial message.
- Fixed crash bug triggered by opening multiple instances of the options dialog (bug 534).
- Fixed several typos in the VIP aircraft.cfg file (bug 544).
- Fixed problem where newly added planes briefly appear at the user's location (bug 556).
- Flight plan dialog items are saved in the registry even if the flight plan is not transmitted or saved.
- Added support for new FSUIPC events triggering private voice PTT (requires FSUIPC 3.50 or greater).
- Added code to check for innapropriate local modifications to equipment.txt that would cause bad data
to be transmitted in the PI packet.
- Increased FSUIPC connect timeout from 2 to 4 seconds and require two consecutive failures to trigger
a failed connection to FS.
- Upgraded to FSUIPC 3.50.
- Upgraded to SquawkBox Data 2005112600.
- Added major VIP3 update.
April 20, 2005, build 5395, CL 374
- Send DirectPlay position packets asynchronously and with a timeout to avoid frame rate degredation and long
pauses when using FS 2004.
- Updated voice library code from CVS repository: contains new code to not send to clients with null ips or null ports.
Fixes the problem where some users could not join voice rooms or once joined could send but not receive.
- Added the debug logging system.
- Connect dialog requires first AND last names.
- Allow anything to be entered in the altitude box of the flight plan dialog.
- Changed frequency displays from three to two decimal places.
- Installer now checks for existing install location in registry.
April 2, 2005, build 5378, CL 370
- Corrected values in velocity packets and re-enabled option to use them
- Changed default multiplayer update rate to 4 Hz (from 10 Hz)
- Corrected TCAS table data for heading and vertical speed
- Fetch "url1" files from data server instead of "url0" files: list should contain servers only
- Added user-settable value for server list fetch timeout
- Restrict multiplayer plane names to 30 characters to avoid buffer overflow in Flight Simulator
- Upgraded from FSUIPC 3.45 to 3.47
- Remove selcal.wav from SELCAL tones
- Remove dash from SELCAL spec in flight plan remarks
March 26, 2005, build 5338, CL 358
- Uninstaller only removes files it directly installs.
March 25, 2005, build 5330, CL 355
- Complete re-write of SquawkBox.
- Shipped with SquawkBox 3.1.0
- Some minor changes to airlines.txt and fictional.txt
- More updates related.txt
- Shipped with SquawkBox 3.0.4
- Added several airlines to airlines.txt
- Added lots of fictional airlines to fictional.txt
- Added lots of liveries to liveries.txt
- Large update to related.txt
- Initial version shipping with SquawkBox 3.0.0